Re: 6.1.4-i386 Installation problem

*Problem Resolved*

I found a [forum thread][1] suggesting that this issue might be the
result of GUID Partition Table (GPT) on the disk.

[1]: http://daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=8186

I found [SystemRescueCd][2] and followed this [Wiping Out Old GPT
Data][3] directions.

[2]: http://sourceforge.net/projects/systemrescuecd/
[3]: http://www.rodsbooks.com/gdisk/wipegpt.html

I used this method:

# gdisk /dev/sda

But it would have probably been simpler to avoid the menus and use:

# sgdisk --zap-all /dev/sda

After zapping the GUID partition table info from the disk, I shut down
the machine, inserted the NetBSD installation disk, powered-up and the
installation went as expected.