the bare necessities ...

hello,

due to unforeseen circumstances, i need to cut down on my budget for a machine to run netbsd on.

intended use of the machine;
1. re-write as many of the base tree c++ tools/utils in c89 as required for a functional system. 2. work at getting as much of a functional system as possible using 'pcc'.

i would prefer to go with an 64-bit system, but wouldn't mind going for a 32-bit machine either.

may i know what kind of compute power be required for the second task?
i have ample amount of time at my disposal but not enough financial resources, so, long compile times are okay. :)

thanks,

~mayuresh