Re: Aw: Re: pkgin: mplayer-1.1.1nb1 is not available on the repository

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014, Carsten Kunze wrote:

> But if that's the reason why does "pkgin avail" list it? Or do I have
> do setup an alternative server path to be able to install it?

I assume the pkg_summary(5) database was created using a repo of
packages that included some packages not allowed to be served. The
problem package was either removed or at least not uploaded. So the
list of available packages doesn't match.

I didn't look at old email in this thread to see what repo has problem.
But I have a few scripts to check sanity of the repo and see many
potential problems, including:
http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/reed/pkgsrc-package-sanity/missing-or-old-pkg_summary.txt

See
http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/reed/pkgsrc-package-sanity/README