RE: isp(4) and HP variants of the QLogic QLE2562 fibre channel cards

FYI in case someone would like to use the below FC disks in the future.

We picked up the HP branded QLogic 8Gb Fibre Channel card listed below to
test with.

We have been able to successfully install the HP variant of the QLE2562
(AJ764A) using a single Fibre Channel direct connection to a HP M6412A Disk
Enclosure with 8 x 450GB 15K RPM drives in a DL380/G5 running NetBSD/amd64
6.1.4.

We are booting off the internal HP Smart Array raid drives and mounting
these new FC drives for data. The BIOS is disabled on the Fibre Channel card
for this reason and the firmware of the card was updated using the normal
Proliant automated BIOS update DVD beforehand. The enclosure appears to
support the ses device and sesd is happy with the status of the enclosure
and enumerates all the drives it hosts.

Heavily loading the drives with 'dd' generating gigs of IO with no
concerning problems so far.

Now we need to figure out software raid on NetBSD to bind these all
together.

Once this config has been tested for a week we will be moving to a DL380/G6
in production.

Relevant kernel messages:

isp0 at pci4 dev 0 function 0: QLogic FC-AL and 8Gbps Fabric PCI-E HBA
isp0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 17
isp1 at pci4 dev 0 function 1: QLogic FC-AL and 8Gbps Fabric PCI-E HBA
isp1: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 18
scsibus1 at isp0: 512 targets, 8 luns per target
scsibus1: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
ses0 at scsibus1 target 4 lun 0: <HP, M6412   AG638A, 0062> enclosure
services fixed
sd2 at scsibus1 target 0 lun 0: <HPQ, BF450DA483, HP06> disk fixed
sd3 at scsibus1 target 1 lun 0: <HPQ, BF450DA483, HP06> disk fixed
sd4 at scsibus1 target 2 lun 0: <HPQ, BF450DA483, HP06> disk fixed
sd5 at scsibus1 target 3 lun 0: <HPQ, BF450DA483, HP06> disk fixed
sd6 at scsibus1 target 5 lun 0: <HPQ, BF450DA483, HP06> disk fixed
sd7 at scsibus1 target 6 lun 0: <HPQ, BF450DA483, HP06> disk fixed
sd8 at scsibus1 target 7 lun 0: <HPQ, BF450DA483, HP06> disk fixed
sd9 at scsibus1 target 8 lun 0: <HPQ, BF450DA483, HP06> disk fixed

Scott...