[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: CUPS experts?
Paul Goyette writes:
- I've recently installed cups, and having some difficulty getting it to
- work. (I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong, but I haven't any
- clue on where to look...)
- I have manually started cupsd (since there doesn't seem to be any
- /etc/rc.d file), and I've also stopped lpd.
Unless you've got PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS set, the rc.d scripts with the
package install into /usr/pkgsrc/share/examples/rc.d. Look for
the rc.d script for cups (and other packages) there. (since I
never remember to set PKG_RCD_SCRIPTS, I end up installing them
- I used the web admin
- interface to add my printer, which shows up in /etc/printcap as
- lp|HP DeskJet 6940 series:rm=screamer.whooppee.com:rp=lp:
- The pritner admin page shows
- Description: HP DeskJet 6940 series
- Driver: HP DeskJet 6940 Foomatic/hpijs (recommended)
- (color, 2-sided printing)
- Connection: socket://192.168.2.253
- Defaults: job-sheets=none, none media=na_letter_8.5x11in
- There is no traffic to the printer socket (port 9100), and nothing
What happens when you try to send something directly to port
Have verified that the printer doesn't support either IPP or
LPD directly? If it supports either of those, I would recommend
using those protocols over the TCP stream at port 9100.
Eric Schnoebelen eric%cirr.com@localhost
Worry is like a rocking chair: It gives you something to do,
but doesn't get you anywhere.
Main Index |
Thread Index |