Re: NetBSD-current / modular X on iMac (27-inch, mid 2011): AMD Radeon 6970M Video Card

Thanks Robert!

I actually also tried the ati6 driver without success. It turns out that, in
fact, the vesa driver is being used. Seems the 6970M cannot be accessed
properly by NetBSD and the ati/ati6 drivers.

Error message from the X log: "gpu only supported with kms using vesa instead”.

I googled and learned NetBSD is not ready yet for more modern graphics cards.
Needs (better) KMS support first.

Help still appreciated.

Best,
Benjamin