NetBSD-current / modular X on iMac (27-inch, mid 2011): AMD Radeon 6970M Video Card

Hi all,

was successfully setting up NetBSD-current on my iMac. Only problem with
modular X / xf86-video-ati-7.3.0nb1 is the resolution that only goes up to
1920x1440 where it should be 2560x1440.

Reading from the Linux forums this can only be achieved by using the closed
source driver directly from AMD. I don’t want to believe this. Anyone who got
the native resolution working with the free driver that is available from
pkgsrc for NetBSD?

Happy to send more details of my system where required. Please respond also
directly to me, as I still wait for approval to be added to this list. Thanks
so much!

Best,
Benjamin