Re: Crash with python / libpthread / libgomp

On Mon 21 Apr 2014 at 11:40:10 +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 11:30:53AM +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> > What is libgomp? There seems to be no manual page.
>
> It is part of gcc, the gnu implementation of the OpenMP API (a parallel
> programming toolkit). There is a texi file in the gcc distribution, but
> we don't seem to install/register it.

I see. So apparently it is used from libpthread, at least the initial
backtrace seems to suggest it. (Or it might be stack corruption).

In the mean time I've looked at the .jpg file that seems to be
problematic. No image tools I've found complain about it being invalid
or anything; I also tried the command line tools from
ImageMagick-6.8.8.5, which provides the libMagickCore-6.Q16.so.2 library
seen in the stack traces.

And weird: if I re-save the image with the GIMP and re-try the command,
I get the "same" segfault, but gdb gives me no stack backtraces and no
threads... weirder and weirder.

> Martin
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'