Re: Making a localized, educational live-usb version of Netbsd? Possible, and is worth it?

On Sat, Apr 05, 2014 at 09:24:31AM -0000, David Lord wrote:

> My attempts at an install system from a usb stick
> eventually worked well and was useful on my systems
> without cdrom drive. Unfortunately I managed to
> overwrite it. There were two downsides to my usb
> stick, although on a 16 G stick I only had about
> 500 MB of space with install system taking up most
> of that, secondly it was painfully slow.
>
> I've just now reinstalled the stick with 5 GB used
> for the filesystem:
>
> Filesystem   Size  Used  Avail
> root_device  4.9G  443M   4.2G

Can it be extended to use the whole 16G? That could be handy as a
transportable Live system.

> It needs some cleaning up but it boots ok.
>
> I also have NetBSD-6.1_STABLE-i386-live-sd0root.img.gz
> built from sysbuild, that can be transferred using 'dd'.

And this can be dd'd to a USB stick as a bootable live system? Is it
possible to extend the image to use all the space on the USB stick?

oppressing." --- Malcolm X