Re: nss dependency problem, seamonkey

Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Greg Troxel wrote:
>> So, the basic rule is that all your packages have to be built
>> consistently from the same sources, with consistent options.  So if you
>> have checked out pkgsrc sources -r pkgsrc-2013Q3 and all your installed
>> packages are from that, you should be ok.
>>
>> Of course, you are free to violate this basic rule.  But if so, please
>> let us know when asking questions :-)

> I did so.. Instlaling my own was the only way getting Emacs to work,
> do you remember?

Yes, but I and the others have no idea if that was the same system.

But building your own isn't the issue.  It's building from a different
set of pkgsrc sources.  So if you do *everything* from 2013Q4 and dont
have non-default options to control the overall build, you should be ok.

>>> pkg_add: Conflicting PLIST with nss-3.15.1: include/nss/nss/crmf.h
>>> pkg_add: Can't install dependency nss>=3.15
>>> pkg_add: 1 package addition failed
>> It looks like it's trying to install nss as a dependency.
>>
>> Do you have PKGPATH set to any other area other than 2013Q3?
>>
>> How were the other installed packages installed?
> Other packages either come from here or where compiled by myself from
> plgsrc, but nss is not among them since it is not even installed.
>
> My PKG_PATH is empty! (I suppos eyou mean that an not PKGPATH)

yes, sorry.

> I'm used that if you pkg_add something from the "All" directory of the
> binary repository, all dependency get sucked in from there.
>
> I did try to set
> PKG_PATH="ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/i386/6.0_2013Q3/All";
>
> I get then a very similar error:
> pkg_add seamonkey-2.21
> pkg_add: Warning: package `seamonkey-2.21' was built for a platform:
> pkg_add: NetBSD/i386 6.0 (pkg) vs. NetBSD/i386 6.1.3 (this host)
> pkg_add: Conflicting PLIST with seamonkey-2.21:
> include/seamonkey/mozINewMailNotificationService.h
> pkg_add: 1 package addition failed
>
> Then I did "su -" to execute in root's clean environment
> narsil# pkg_add
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/i386/6.0_2013Q3/All/seamonkey-2.21.tgz
> pkg_add: Warning: package `seamonkey-2.21' was built for a platform:
> pkg_add: NetBSD/i386 6.0 (pkg) vs. NetBSD/i386 6.1.3 (this host)
> pkg_add: Conflicting PLIST with seamonkey-2.21:
> include/seamonkey/mozINewMailNotificationService.h
> pkg_add: 1 package addition failed

So I would not only look to clean out caches, but donwload seamonkey and
it's dependencies explicitly so you can run pkg_info on them.  Then you
can try to install them one at a time and perhaps get better insight.

As a check for how your installed system is, update your pkgsrc tree to
pkgsrc-2013Q4 and then run "pkg_chk -uq".   Ideally you'll have empty
output, showing that all your installed packages are from 2013Q4.