Re: NetBSD on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4280 / A NetBSD (Love) Story

On 20-Mar-2014 19:06:06, Christian Koch wrote:
All operating systems, including NetBSD, will occasionally throw curveballs at
its users. But with NetBSD, you can throw curveballs back at _it_ and it never
breaks. Other OSes would force you to give up.

Yes, exactly. I knew I'd be able to get it working _somehow_ I just had to search long enough and stick at it.

Unfortunately the useful tidbits of NetBSD information can take some tracking down.

I explain in greater detail that's why I love NetBSD here:

   http://christianfkoch.net/2014/02/08/why-i-love-netbsd.html

I completely agree. In fact, I think I must have already read that as I remember the bit about being able to do `ps -A` and being able to understand all the processes: At work I use ArchLinux inside VirtualBox and I have quite a minimal install (same window manager as per my Toshiba NetBSD install, etc), but there is still a lot more processes going on than I have in NetBSD. And ArchLinux is one of the "lighter" distributions.

I feel a bit like I've stumbled across a really good secret with NetBSD. Apart from it's not actually secret.