PMCIA card, different behaviour in different slot

Hi,

On my old and faithful thinkpad 600, running 6.1.2, I have a strange behaviour.

If I insert a well known and working ethernet card in the lower PCMCIA slot, I get:

pcmcia1: card appears to have bogus CIS

if I insert it in the upper slot, it gets perfectly recognized:
ne0 at pcmcia0 function 0: <D-Link, DFE-670TXD, PC Card>
ne0: Ethernet address 00:13:46:34:0d:62
OUI 0x1000e8 model 0x0002 rev 0 at ne0 phy 1 not configured

and works like a charme. I am running a custom kernel, since I had to enable PCI quirks or my ethernet card would conflict with the video card with X11, if someone remembers the discussion.

Riccardo