Re: disk numbering

On Tuesday 11 March 2014 19:44:47 you wrote:
> To be perfectly honest, I don't understand why you (or anyone) would
> require that. Why might *I* need that, for example?

In this particular case the ahcisata connected drives are internal and
always there whereas the siisata connected ones are external and are
sometimes attached sometimes not.  I'd rather not have my primary system
disk sometimes called wd0, sometimes wd1 and sometimes wd2 depending on
what external disks are attached at the time.

cheers
mark