Re: some keys not seen in xev(1) when pressed in combination with both Alt_L and Alt_R

On 27 December 2013 10:35, Brett Lymn <blymn%internode.on.net@localhost> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 05:09:27PM +0100, Michai Ramakers wrote:
>>
>> Thank you, that made things very clear. Following that spec, it is
>> also true that 4-key combinations (ShiftL + AltL + CtrlL + letterkey
>> for instance) are not guaranteed to work (consistently) accross
>> keyboards either, is that right?
>>

> I have one of these keyboards:
>
> http://shop.daskeyboard.com/collections/frontpage/products/das-keyboard-professional-model-s
>
> I tried holding both alt keys down and couldn't find a key that did not
> come up.  I went so far to hold both alt and both ctrl keys down and
> still could get characters out (the ones I could reach).  My keyboard is
> plugged into a ps/2 port so according to the marketing can support any
> number of keys keld down... seems to work too.

Alright, thanks for testing. However, to have a more generic solution
(and without having to spend money on replacement-keyboards :) I use
Ctrl/Alt/Shift combinations. Some even when holding down all of these
at once in combination with a letter-key, which seems to work
consistently (here) although not guaranteed by previously mentioned
spec.

Michai