Re: And now, which word processor?

Brett Lymn wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 08:37:30PM +0000, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> >
> > Well unfortunately I need MS formats, because I am relocating and I
> > will need to fire up some CVs. I don't really care about .docx. I need
> > at least to be able to edit my CV and send it. Of course Google docs
> > is a quick a dirty way to do the job, but...
> >

> Sort of an aside but why not just submit a PDF?  I don't know of any
> reason why you should send a propsective employer your CV in an editable
> format.  If you do this then it doesn't matter what you keep your CV in.

Agreed. I issue PDF.  Agents like .Doc to remove [freelance] applicants
contact details so employers can't contact direct.  Some agents pretend
a candidate is part of their staff, etc.  I refuse .doc with reason:
        http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/cv/no_doc.html#business

Which word processor:
Decade[s] back I decided hand cranking a package was Not the way
to go. I wanted totaly automatic update, [& web upload] of multiple
formats for multiple human languages from a single master source.
With Wysiwyg automatic redisplay of each write in editor;
so I use groff & wrote & maintain wysiwyg patches to vi + ghostview &
BSD make macros etc:
        http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/cv/#wysiwyg
(Macros could be easily extended for latex too, but I'm used to groff)

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Interleave replies below like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".