And now, which word processor?

Yesterday I installed Abiword on my Thinkpad X61 with Netbsd 6.1.2.

Despite having installed all MS .ttf fonts and having all dependencies
fullfilled, opening existing word documents was a pain. Latest
generation .docx won't even open. Creating a new document from scratch
was also painful as bullets points were all messed up. In comparison
Google docs does a better job.

I understand winehq won't work on a 64 bit. Correct me if I am wrong.

Is there any alternative to installing a full fledged Open/Libre
Office? All I need is a basic but realiable Word processor.

Thanks

--
Ottavio