Re: /etc/daily: failed RAIDframe component(s)

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 06:16:33PM +0100, Petar Bogdanovic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When /etc/daily encounters failed RAIDframe components, it doesn't issue
> a separate report but just mentions it in its "normal" output.
>
> While I'm archiving daily-reports, I don't ever read them because they
> usually consist of non-critical information.  A failed rf component,
> however, is really something I would like to know ASAP but as it is now,
> it's drowned in the daily stream and I would need to write some sieve
> filters to single out daily-reports that mention anything raidframe.
>
> But that seems incomplete and probably unnecessary given the appropriate
> way /etc/daily deals with /etc/security output:  suppress if empty,
> separate report if not.

There are more important informations in daily output; e.g. disk space
report, fsck reports, mail queues, etc ...
I always read daily outputs, they have already pointed out something wrong
beyond raidframe for me (and yes, I do get a lot of them, several
dozen per day).