Re: Which lightweight window manager with menu auto-update?

If I understand Ottavio correctly, he wants to have a menu for a
window manager.  That sounds like point&click and easy to use.
In that case dwm or i3 might not be the right ones.  I don't
know what the problems with fluxbox-menu are, but maybe they are
easily solvable.  I don't use fluxbox menus to run applications,
so cannot comment on that.  "Modern" graphical applications
place those .desktop files somewhere for themselfs to make
"modern" desktop environments find them.  Other systems use
those to generate menus for window managers like jwm or fluxbox.
So this might be the right way to go.

If fluxbox-menu does not work right, maybe menumaker in
pkgsrc-wip is an option.  See [1] and [2].

--
Matthias

[1] http://menumaker.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://pkgsrc.se/wip/menumaker