Re: xen hvm trouble

On Fri, Oct 04, 2013 at 06:52:45PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> I still suspect your config is missing something.

Embarassing: I just set out to try it on my laptop, and found that I had
a working config which I wrote on 9th August but forgot about!
The main difference is that it uses a vnd of the iso image rather than
access it as a file...

name = "dfly"
builder="hvm"
vcpus = 2
memory = 512
vif = [ 'bridge=bridge0' ]
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/mapper/vg0-clang,hda,w', 'phy:/dev/vnd0a,hdc:cdrom,r' ]
boot = "dc"
serial = 'pty'

and set boot_serial, set console=comserial at the loader prompt...

Not all perfect, but that looks more like qemu:

cd0 at ata1 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
cd0: <QEMU QEMU DVD-ROM 0.10> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device
cd0: 16.000MB/s transfers
cd0: cd present [376032 x 2048 byte records]
pass0 at ata1 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
pass0: <QEMU QEMU DVD-ROM 0.10> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device
pass0: 16.000MB/s transfers
sg0 at ata1 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
sg0: <QEMU QEMU DVD-ROM 0.10> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device
sg0: 16.000MB/s transfers
cd0: invalid primary partition table: no magic
cd0: invalid primary partition table: no magic
cd0: invalid primary partition table: no magic
Mounting root from cd9660:/dev/cd0
cd0: invalid primary partition table: no magic
cd0: invalid primary partition table: no magic
iso_mountroot(): using session at block 0
cd0: invalid primary partition table: no magic
cd0: invalid primary partition table: no magic
cd9660: RockRidge Extension
Starting file system checks:
cd9660: /dev/cd0: Invalid argument
Starting pfi...
Looking for pfi.conf on /dev/acd0...can't re-use a leaf (QM00003)!
acd0: invalid primary partition table: no magic
can't re-use a leaf (QM00003)!
acd0: invalid primary partition table: no magic
cd9660: RockRidge Extension
 /dev/acd0 ok... not found
Looking for pfi.conf on /dev/cd0...cd0: invalid primary partition table: no
magic
cd0: invalid primary partition table: no magic
mount_cd9660: /dev/cd0: Device busy
 not found

Tue Oct  8 16:07:25 UTC 2013

and then nothing?