dovecot again/still

I am gradually getting dovecot to work with my established postfix
configuration, but can't find a way past this error (from
/var/log/maillog):

Oct  8 16:26:52 body dovecot: master: Error: Error reading
configuration: Invalid settings: No services defined

I'm assuming that I should be looking in conf.d/10-master.conf for the
error, but lack of familiarity with the syntax of the conf files is
making it hard to see what's wrong.

Is there a way of getting a report of which services are defined so I
can test without exposing my live system to errors?
--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>