Re: Various size of (Project) ideas for NetBSD and pkgsrc

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 6:27 PM, Justin Cormack <justin%specialbusservice.com@localhost> wrote:
On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 6:41 PM, matthew sporleder <msporleder%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>> (23) Lua support for kernel and userland
>> Lua is imported to NetBSD base, but nothing uses it.
>> And update is not done.
>> Lua kernel support should be imported, or remove it from base.
>>

> http://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/project/lua_bindings_chicken_and_egg/

I am working on this, with some caveats as to the current state.
Mainly so far it is system call bindings, but the aim is to expand it.
It has extensive tests, and also runs on the rump kernel, which has
been the main focus so far as rump doesn't have a normal userspace so
it is useful to be able to script it

The main caveat is it currently runs on the LuaJIT version of Lua not
the one in core, which has (even) easier interfacing to C which was
useful for getting it going. The aim is to fix this soonish.

If anyone has particular things they would like Lua interfaces to let
me know, or other ideas of what they want to see Lua used for and how
it might fit in, let me know, otherwise will take a look at the stuff
on the wiki.

Code is here https://github.com/justincormack/ljsyscall - feel free to
raise issues there or contact me directly.

Justin

Thanks, I've added a link.