xencommons rc warn or error?

While testing xen 4.2.3, I found that xencommons wasn't happy because I
hadn't mounted /kern. rc.d/xencommons does have

  required_files="/kern/xen/privcmd"

but xen_startcmd doesn't test for it.

The question is, should it be a warning, or

# /etc/rc.d/xencommons onestart
Starting xenservices: xenstored, xenconsoled.
/etc/rc.d/xencommons: ERROR: /kern/xen/privcmd is not readable.

?

I suppose the question is, if you booted a normal kernel and had
xencommons=YES in rc.conf, would you want the boot to be successful.
Guess would be yes => warning?
The error is more obvious if you are setting up a NetBSD xen box...

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Patrick