Re: 5.2 stable panic on i386

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 3:00 AM, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

is the filesystem mounted read-write, or read-only ?

Yes, it is. I was sure I had it mounted read-only, but I don't. I will fix that. There's no sense in mounting a filesystem read-write over a read-only device...

In the meantime, I set the samba share to read-only and this prevents the problem. I will mount the filesystem read-only and test again when I get a chance.

So this seems like a "don't do that" problem although it would be nice to fix it. If it happened with one of the userspace filesystem things I suppose that wouldn't be so good. I haven't tested any of that.

Andy