Re: pkgsrc use curl or wget

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 12:46:48PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 10:41:04PM -0400, matthew sporleder wrote:
> > Try FETCH_USING= curl in mk.conf
> >
> > I know you can use it in individual packages so maybe it will just work.
>
> I was looking for something similar. Would an "accelerator" like aget or
> aria2 work? Perhaps the infrastructure would just pass URL to whatever

If these "accellerators" are the sort of program that opens tens of
connections at a time to the same server to avoid per-connection
bandwidth restrictions, you should be aware that pointing them at the
NetBSD FTP servers is an excellent way to get your IP address blacklisted.

If they're not, on the other hand, by all means, proceed...

Thor