Re: Status of NetBSD 6.1_RC3?

On 4/29/13 4:12 PM, Thomas Mueller wrote:

NetBSD 6.1_RC3 is not on ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/

nor on the NetBSD blog, so I was guessing that it was deemed not ready.

What actually happened is this: there is a fair amount of work done between the tagging of a release and the announcement of it. (Building binaries, updating notes, etc) Since NetBSD is a volunteer project, the volunteers were simply short of time to do the extra work in a timely fashion. So, we decided to tag another release ("RC4") with some changes which had come in meanwhile. RC4 was released last week; and RC3, while it exists, was never "official".

+j