Re: Build of NetBSD-6.1RC2/amd64 fails

On 2013-03-31, at 15:26, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

>  I suppose the --sysroot argument should have forced the use of the
>  correct arguments. I ktrace'd the link step and discovered that the
>  i386 build reads /lib/libcrypt.so too but the immediately reads
>  version in /usr/src/obj.i386/destdir.i386/lib. Presumably because the
>  linker realize it's not the correct version. The amd64 build, on the
>  other hand, appears happy with the /lib version and skips the
>  /usr/src/obj.amd64/destdir.amd64/lib version. Removing
>  /lib/libcrypt.so "fixes" the problem.
>
>  This seems like a bug in the build system.
>
> I am not 100% clear on how --sysroot is supposed to work.   It seems
> obvious to me that --sysroot should suppress looking in the host
> fileystem.   But it could also be that -L/lib should be
> -L/usr/src/obj.amd64/destdir.amd64/lib instead - try that and see via
> ktrace if it skips the host lookup.

With -L/usr/src/obj.amd64/destdir.amd64/lib, I still get the error and ktrace
shows that /lib/libcrypt.so is being used. I have to change the -Wl,-rpath,/lib
argument for the compiler to use the build version. With the rpath change,
/lib/libcrypt.so is not even accessed (according to ktrace).

Is no-one else seeing this? My system is pretty plain NetBSD-current and I'm
attempting to compile an unmodified snapshot of the netbsd-6 branch.

My /etc/mk.conf contains

OBJMACHINE=yes
MKX11=yes

and I'm using pkgsrc bash as interactive shell (building as root).

Regards,
Sverre