Re: Loading npf modules is NPF documentation

* Mindaugas Rasiukevicius (rmind%netbsd.org@localhost) wrote:
> > With absence of lkm, is there any way to modload the modules in
> > /stand/ARCH/6.1/modules/* automatically?
>
> They can be loaded automatically on boot, see boot.cfg(5) man page.
Thank you very much for your time.

(The followings are going off-topic, as it relates to loading modules.)
# tail -n 2 /boot.cfg
load=/stand/i386/6.1/modules/npf_ext_log/npf_ext_log.kmod
load=/stand/i386/6.1/modules/npf_ext_normalise/npf_ext_normalise.kmod
# cat /etc/ifconfig.npflog0
create

After I restart the system, these modules are still not loaded.
# ifconfig npflog0 create
ifconfig: clone_command: Invalid argument
ifconfig: exec_matches: Invalid argument

To eliminate errors for ifconfig and to be able to do npfctl reload and start,
I must manually modload these two modules.
# modload npf_ext_log
# modload npf_ext_normalise
# ifconfig npflog0 create
# npfctl reload
# npfctl start
#

What described in boot.cfg(5) doesn't work for me.
I suspect that my boot menu is still NetBSD 5.1.2, while I'm running 6.1_RC1.
5.1.2 and 6.1_RC1 may have something different in /boot.cfg.
(When I was on 5.1.2, I only used lkm.)

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Pongthep Kulkrisada

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system,
but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity."
-- Dennis M. Ritchie