Re: wd0 dos error

Philip Miller <sighoya%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

(redirected; this is appropriate for the users list)

> When my netsd system is booting it will show a message about wd0:
>
> wd0 at atabus3 drive 0
> wd0: <WDC WD5000AAJS-00A8B0>
> wd0: drive supports 16-sector PIO transfers, LBA48 addressing
> wd0: 465 GB, 969021 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 976773168 sectors
> wd0: 32-bit data port
> wd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 6 (Ultra/133)
> wd0(ixpide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 6 (Ultra/133) (using DMA)
> wd0d: device fault reading fsbn 0 (wd0 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0), retrying

It looks like the driver is not ok with your controller/disk.  You
didn't explain how many disks you have, or show the dmesg from the
controller being probed.

I would try using dd to read from rwd0d, at various places, and see if
you can discern a pattern.

Where is your root fs in netbsd?  something else?

You might also try reading ixpide(4) and recompiling a kernel to have
the no-dma flag.