From: Manuel Bouyer [bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 08:37
To: Ron Swiernik
Subject: Re: pkgsrc builds

On Sun, Jan 06, 2013 at 01:42:40PM +0000, Ron Swiernik wrote:
> I didn't 'blow' you off...I work four days a week...
>
> Here is the output from a script session.
>
> $ cat typescript
> Script started on Sun Jan  6 08:35:07 2013
> $ ftp ftp.netbsd.org
> Trying 2001:470:1f05:3d::21:21 ...
> ftp: Can't connect to `2001:470:1f05:3d::21:21': No route to host
> Trying 199.233.217.249:21 ...
> Connected to ftp.netbsd.org.
> 220 ftp.NetBSD.org FTP server (NetBSD-ftpd 20100320) ready.
> Name (ftp.netbsd.org:ronswier): anonymous
> 331 Guest login ok, type your name as password.
> Password:
> 230-
>     The NetBSD Project FTP Server located in San Jose, CA, USA
>     1 Gbps connectivity
>                                                 WELCOME!    /(        )`
>                                                             \ \___   / |
>       +--- Currently Supported Platforms ----+              /- _  `-/  '
>       |  acorn[26,32], algor, alpha, amd64,  |             (/\/ \ \   /\
>       |   amiga[,ppc], arc, atari, bebox,    |             / /   | `    \
>       |   cats, cesfic, cobalt, dreamcast,   |             O O   ) /    |
>       |  evb[arm,mips,ppc,sh3], hp[300,700], |             `-^--'`<     '
>       |       hpc[arm,mips,sh], i386,        |            (_.)  _  )   /
>       |      ibmnws, iyonix, luna68k,        |              .___/`    /
>       |    mac[m68k,ppc], mipsco, mmeye,     |               `-----' /
>       |      mvme[m68k,ppc], netwinders,     |  <----.     __ / __   \
>       |   news[m68k,mips], next68k, ofppc,   |  <----|====O)))==) \) /====
>       | playstation2, pmax, prep, sandpoint, |  <----'    `--' `.__,' \
>       |  sbmips, sgimips, shark, sparc[,64], |               |        |
>       |      sun[2,3], vax, x68k, xen        |                \       /
>       +--------------------------------------+           ______( (_  / \_____
>       See our website at http://www.NetBSD.org/        ,'  ,-----'   |       \
>        We log all FTP transfers and commands.          `--{__________)  (FL)
> \/
> 230-
>
>     EX421 Service not available, remote server timed out. Connection closed.
> ftp: Login failed
> ftp> bye
> $ ^D

It looks like you have a firewall which doesn't like long 230- outputs.
You can try to prefix your passwd with a -, which should suppress the
230- output.

Notice: This communication, including attachments, may contain confidential or
proprietary information to be conveyed solely for the intended recipient(s). If
you are not the intended recipient, or if you otherwise received this message
in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and promptly
delete this e-mail, including attachments, without reading or saving them in
any manner. The unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction
of this e-mail, including attachments, is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.