Re: Please help Apache Segmentation fault

Hello,

On Jan 6, 2013, at 10:46 AM, Takahiro Kambe wrote:

In message <20130106153757.GA20183%kyyhky.embedtronics.fi@localhost>
        on Sun, 6 Jan 2013 17:37:57 +0200,
        Jukka Marin <jmarin%embedtronics.fi@localhost> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 06, 2013 at 10:30:27AM -0500, Al wrote:
Hello,

I am seeing "[notice] child pid 16566 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)" in my apache error_log. There is something like 66790 in maybe 1 or 2
days.

Apache is crashing on our server as well (ever since we upgraded to NetBSD
6.0).  Haven't had the time to sort this out yet..
I've seen it, too.

    NetBSD 6.0_STABLE (HPMICRO) #7: Wed Dec 12 11:29:58 JST 2012

It looks like apache24 from pkgsrc has the problem but apache22
dosen't have it.  In my case,

* Crash happens on reloading configuration or log rotation.

I checked this and yes it does seem to happen whenever apache kills a process, however in my case, I don't know why it is killing so many processes.

* System V IPC, semaphores are left after crash and need to remove
  them manually with ipcrm(1).

How do I remove the semaphores with ipcrm. If I do:

# ipcs -s
IPC status from <running system> as of Mon Jan  7 10:14:53 2013

Semaphores:
T        ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP
s    196608          0 --rw-------  webuser webgroup

There is only one listed. Then if I removed it with:

ipcrm -s 196608

Apache stops. Even if I restart it, then it doesn't do anything. I never see any new semaphores. The only option I have left is to reboot.

Thanks,
Al