Re: Xen Dom0 vs. DomU disk I/O

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 12:27:49PM +0100, Stephan wrote:
> John,
>
> my disk line looks like this:
>
> disk = [ 'file:/opt/xen/vm00.img,0x1,w' ,
> 'file:/opt/xen/NetBSD-6.0-amd64.iso,0x04,r' ]
>
> The disk image was created with qemu-img-xen and is assigned to a vnd
> device. I suspect that it is a sparse file.

this can be a problem. Please try again with a plain (non-sparse) file.

Another issue, if the image was created from qemu, can be alignement.
I guess the partition starts at sector 63, which can cause unaligned block
access in the dom0.

For a PV guest, it's better to do the install with a PV kernel too.