Re: Invoking bc with defaults

> Create a file  ~/bc.conf with your desired settings (like your
> mentioned scale=4).
> Start bc with this file as argument and force interactive mode:
>   bc -i bc.conf
> This will evaluate bc.conf and instead of quitting after EOF it will drop you
> a bc prompt for further evaluation.

Thanks Ralf,
it works nicely now. I still wonder why bc doesnt have such basic option
by default - I had never guessed to use it to set this option. The manual
page says -i is the 'interactive mode' - interactive it is anyway when I
can type calculations on the command line ...

Maybe it has to be complicated so to attract mathematicians :)
herbs