Re: NetBSD on Linode problems

On 10 October 2012 12:10, Michael Parson <mparson%bl.org@localhost> wrote:
> I don't know the OS or version of the Dom0.  I'm suspecting some version
> of Linux, given that this is their focus, but they don't seem to make
> that info easy to find.  Is there anything I can run in a DomU installed
> OS to get that info?  I can install Linux temporarily if that would
> help.

Linode explicitly doesn't reveal what Dom0 versions they're running,
for "security reasons".

There are a number of other providers in a league similar to that of
Linode, which instead use Linux KVM or Xen HVM and explicitly support
BSD systems, unlike Linode with their Xen PV and subsequent DomU
requirements.

Unless there's some very good reason why you absolutely have to be
using Linode, I'd check vr.org or edis.at multi-continental offerings,
or perhaps even nqhost.com or arpnetworks.com, if a BSD server in the
cloud is needed.

C.