ugly font when printing from firefox

Hello,
I've a problem with firefox which I suspect is related to fonts.
When printing a page (either to a ps or pdf file, or a real postscript printer)
the result is ugly: the font looks like a bitmap which have been badly scaled.
printing the same page, using the same profile, from a firefox running
on a scientific linux 6 produce the expected pretty result
(and example page is from www.farnell.com: put some item in your
basket, view the basket and try to print the page).

Any idea what could cause this ? some missing compile option, or
some missing font ? I'm running native xorg with the default font
path.