Re: Compiling 6.0_RC1 fails

Here is the problem report I referenced:
http://gnats.netbsd.org/43272

NetBSD Problem Report #43272

>From www%NetBSD.org@localhost  Thu May  6 19:01:39 2010
Date: Thu,  6 May 2010 19:01:39 +0000 (UTC)
From: george%galis.org@localhost
To: gnats-bugs%NetBSD.org@localhost
Subject: no nbsed after first release build

*>Number:*         43272*>Category:*       toolchain*>Synopsis:*
no nbsed after first release build*>Confidential:*   no*>Severity:*
   serious*>Priority:*       low*>Responsible:*
toolchain-manager*>State:*          feedback*>Class:*
sw-bug*>Submitter-Id:*   net*>Arrival-Date:*   Thu May 06 19:05:00
+0000 2010*>Closed-Date:*    *>Last-Modified:*  Sun Jan 22 07:10:02
+0000 2012*>Originator:*     George Georgalis*>Release:*
netbsd-5-1-RC1*>Organization:**>Environment:*
NetBSD bonnie 5.0_STABLE NetBSD 5.0_STABLE (BONNIE) #0: Sat Feb 13
00:52:48 PST 2010  root@bonnie:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/BONNIE
i386*>Description:*
I first noticed in netbsd-4 and assumed I had something local broken
but I'm not seeing any local issue. On a fresh checkout the netbsd src
command "build.sh release" doesn't make nbsed and causes the iso-image
target to fail (also, "install" after distribution).

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 12:55 PM, George Georgalis <george%galis.org@localhost>
wrote:
> I'm sorry to jump in, and not able to provide complete details at this
> time, but this sounds like an open bug I reported couple years ago.
> Search for my email in the bug tracker and it should be easy to find
> (most recent).
>
> In summary, I was developing procedure scripts to format media,
> install the os, checkout sources from cvs, then build and install the
> updated distribution. It always failed with the first build
> distribution, something about sed not available in tools. The fix was
> to build distribution again and it would always work the second time
> through.
>
> I never tracked down the issue, but I believe it exists in netbsd-4,
> netbsd-5 and whatever the tag for netbsd-6 is now.
>
> More details are in the issue report, I will followup next week if needed.
>
> -George
>

> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 5:52 AM, Darrel <levitch%iglou.com@localhost> wrote:

>>> I see you can use either -O or -M to set object directory.  What is the
>>> difference?
>>>
>>> I've been cross-compiling NetBSD from FreeBSD 9.0_STABLE using NetBSD's
>>> build.sh .
>>>

>> That is really neat.
>>
>> If I recall correctly, it defaults to -O and I have just left it there.
Back

--
George Georgalis, (415) 894-2710, http://www.galis.org/