Re: possible fix for strange USB sticks / SD card readers

Thanks Jeff, thanks Matthias,
now I get the idea. First I thought that umass_scsi.c is some seperate
part of NetBSD, not of the kernel.

Last time I compiled a kernel was on some FreeBSD installation. NetBSD
always ran perfectly with the GENERIC kernel out of the box, so I never
dealt with it.

It will take me some time to check it though. My server is quite busy
and not the right place to do this. And for my laptop I have to make all
the backups, rescue disk and all. I just have to exchange /netbsd with
the new one. If something goes wrong, I boot from the install-USB stick
and rename the former working version back, right? I am a lil wimpy that
my laptop gets stuck while booting - its my daily work on it ...

Is #dmesg a relieable way to retrieve the kernel version?
NetBSD 5.1.2 (GENERIC) #0: Thu Feb  2 17:22:10 UTC 2012
builds%b6.netbsd.org@localhost:/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-1-2-RELEASE/i386/201202021012Z-obj/home/
builds/ab/netbsd-5-1-2-RELEASE/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC

You guys don't have a 5.1.2 GENERIC for a 386 ready, with just the patch
already compiled in? It would be much easier for me to test it with the
USB Stick ...

Thanks! Late on!
herb langhans

--