Re: toasted fan

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 09:43:22AM +0300, Jukka Ruohonen wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 06:55:51AM +0200, herbert langhans wrote:
> > My question - is there some smart method to make a controlled shutdown on
> > such events like high processor temperature or some stuck fan? Any
> > solutions, any ideas?
>
> It should be rather easy if the board provides some temperature sensors; run
> envstat(8) to see this. If there are sensors, make sure that powerd(8) is
> running and modify the scripts in /etc/powerd/scripts as needed. See also
> envsys.conf(5).
>
> - Jukka.

Thanks Jukka,
that looks interesting - though it's not an out-of-the-box solution. I
will do my homework and read into it. I guess its exactly what I was
looking for.

Temp sensors I have for sure, I can read the temp and fan speed via
mbmon. I just wonder how to test the powerd thing with all the
scripts - I dont want to boil some processors ;)

herb langhans