Re: a few questions

Hi,

> 1) What is the best way to use a 100G partition for NetBSD.
>
>    The partition is now used by FreeBSD.

concerning partitioning, you can do the same as you did with FreeBSD.
Personally, I like to have a separate partition for /usr or /usr/pkgsrc
(NetBSD's equivalent to /usr/ports) because there is a large number of small
files that take up vnodes. The same way you usualle have /usr/pkg instead
of /usr/local for additional packages.
Anyway, the final partitioning is up to the computer's usage. For a private
computer, I'd always reserve a great bunch for home (encrypted), if you're on
a server, you might want to give /var/log more space, etc.

> 2) Which bootloader has NetBSD. I need that info for discovering if I can
> use EasyBCD for multibooting.

NetBSD has its own bootloader, as does FreeBSD. Afaik grub (and grub2?) can
boot NetBSD as well, there were a few threads on this mailing list a few
months ago about this.

> 3) Can I install KDE only by packages and not by sources. I have a slow
> machine so installing KDE by sources costs me 8 a 9 hours.

I would consider this a rather fast machine...
Anyway, have a look at pkgtools/pkgin. Its usage is similar to apt-get, or
pkgng if you're a FreeBSD user (afaik, pkgng was derived from pkgin).
If you want to do it 'bare', have a look at this section in the guide:
    http://netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-boot.html#chap-boot-pkgsrc
If you install a 6.0 BETA, you will be offered to install pkgin right from
the installer.

Regards, Julian