Re: /etc/ttys | kermit

On Mon, 9 Jul 2012, Johnny Billquist wrote:

This is my first time trying to use kermit on NetBSD.  I am getting an
error about 'set line'.

I have tried 'set line /dev/tty00' and 'set line /dev/ttyu00'.

Do I need to alter /etc/ttys?  Mine is default at the moment:

No. /etc/ttys have nothing to do with this.
What error message do you get?

Hey, Johnny.

Here is the output from kermit:

C-Kermit>take .kermitrc
?SET SPEED has no effect without prior SET LINE
Sorry, you must SET LINE or SET HOST first

My .kermitrc file looks like this:

#!/usr/local/pkg/kermit
set modem type none
#set line /dev/tty00
set line /dev/ttyu00
set carrier-watch off
set speed 9600
set stop-bits 1
set flow-control none
connect

What happens if you do the "set line" command interactively in kermit?

The error you see are from the "set speed" command, which complains that you haven't done a set line... Weird in its own way, considering the command file...

Hey, Johnny.

Good call. Considering our experience with hardware, what I am seeing now seems insane, but I have probably just punched some buttons on the Cisco switch or touched the cabling:

set line /dev/tty00 works just fine now! [ from the script ]

Thank you,
Darrel