Re: Login to serial port (not console)

Hello,

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 07:49:07AM -0700, Scrap Happy wrote:
> Hi Thierry,
>
> Be sure the line is turned "on" or getty won't run.
> Also add "secure" to support root logins (assuming you want
> that without going through su, first).  Something like:
>
>   tty00   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600" vt100  on secure

Yes, it works now, after I have switch back the console to the first
screen (installboot(8), console=pc). I don't understand why it didn't
work previously, and why it didn't work with com0 as console, and com1
added via /etc/ttys.

The only thing changed is that, instead of trying to connect with a null
modem cable from a laptop, I simply reput the console on the screen (no
serial console anymore) and connected the two serial ports together in
order to connect locally with tip(1) via one port to the other
(perhaps a hardware problem ?).

Thanks for the answer anyway! Problem solved lying whether in the
hardrware or... in front of the hardware ;)

Regards,
                      http://www.kergis.com/