ifwatchd - howto choose cable/wifi

Hi List,
I wonder if any of you has ifwatchd running under similar conditions:

Ethernet cable fxp0:
Wifi card ipw0:

DHCP enabled, no need for WPA (router is using MAC to filter).

I would like my laptop to choose either the Ethernet connection if the
cable is pluged in. Or, if the cable is not connected, to start the
Wifi. Both use DHCP. Just for booting.

So far I have my /etc/rc.d like this:
dhclient=YES
dhclient_flags="fxp0"
dhclient_flags="ipw0"
ifwatchd=yes

But it always starts up the Wifi ipw0. I have to set some flags or
create some scripts, right?

Is anybody out there, who has already done this? I googled for examples,
but not very successful. I know I am doing something wrong, but don't
get the idea of ifwatchd ...

Thank you!
herb langhans