how to add security advisories

Hello,

I am relatively new to netbsd and I am having a hard time understanding how Security Advisories are added. I am trying to insalled patch: Intel processors sysret to non-canonical address behaviour to netbsd 5.1.2. In the netbsd docs on how to add security advisory, say: ¨ your best bet is to follow the instructions provided in the advisory.¨ however, i cant not find those instructions on how to install the advisory in the advisory report itself? so i am asking if following steps that are listed under ¨Terse summary of an updating procedure¨ will work:

  $ cvs update -dP   # having netbsd5.1.2 sources  installed

 cd /usr/src
$ ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools tools
$ ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools kernel=<KERNEL>
$ ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -U distribution

 su
# mv /netbsd /netbsd.old
# mv /usr/obj/sys/arch/<ARCH>/compile/<KERNEL>/netbsd /
# shutdown -r now
$ cd /usr/src
$ su
# ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -U install=/

or I am doing this wrong?
thanks, hope i was clear, iam a lousy writer:-)

reference:
http://www.netbsd.org/docs/updating.html
http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/security/advisories/NetBSD-SA2012-003.txt.asc