Re: NetBSD VPS in Europe

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012, Matthias Scheler wrote:

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:38:45PM +0300, Petri Laakso wrote:
I'm looking for a VPS provider for NetBSD/Xen from Europe with
modest minimum requirements of:

- Able to run NetBSD/Xen
- 256M of RAM
- 10 GB of disk space
- Reverse DNS
- Price range around 10-20EUR/month
- Sane SLA

Have you any suggestions?

NetBSD 6.0_BETA2 and latest "netbsd-5" branch builds should support KVM
quite well including Virtio. Here are instructions for installing
NetBSD under KVM without support by the hosting provider:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2011/09/13/msg009128.html

KVM + Virtio support really expands my options to choose the VPS provider, thank you for the information! Have to try it out on my personal computer
first.

Petri