Re: Maintaining alternative OS: emulator vs linux emulation layer

On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 10:01:32PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:

Uhm, not really your suggestion, but:

> Specifically talking about HP USB printers that work with hplip on Linux,
> but not on NetBSD which arrangement is workable:
>
> 1. Using hplip as Linux emulation rather than native. (Will hplip "see"
> the usb devices as it sees on Linux?)

I've used wip/hplip3 to scan fron an HP Officejet 4500 on NetBSD.
I'm not using the hplip stuff for printing, as feeding it from my
standard ghostscript deskjetoid wrapper script over port 9100 is
enough.

Regards,
        -is