Re: Maintaining alternative OS: emulator vs linux emulation layer

On Sat, 2 Jun 2012, at 21:56:25 +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
>I wish to get pyuno to work with either libre or open office
>http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bugs/2012/03/18/msg046959.html

It works in the packages that function under Linux emulation, at least
from what I've tried.  (At one point, I was working on a small add-on
to automate something for myself, but I haven't tinkered with it in a
while.)  I haven't bothered with the NetBSD native package for
LibreOffice, as the Linux binary package does everything I need.
To use pyuno, you just use the version of Python that's packaged with
LibreOffice, viz.:

[disciple@arcus-v3:disciple]$ cd /usr/pkg/opt/libreoffice3.4/program/
[disciple@arcus-v3:program]$ ./python
Python 2.6.1 (r261:67515, Jan  3 2012, 09:06:28)
[GCC 4.2.4] on linux2
>>> import pyuno
>>> help(pyuno)

Help on module pyuno:

NAME

    pyuno

FILE

    /usr/pkg/opt/libreoffice3.4/basis-link/program/pyuno.so

FUNCTIONS

    absolutize(...)

    checkEnum(...)

    checkType(...)