Re: Xorg and Intel GMA

On Thu, May 31, 2012, at 08:39, curzon dax wrote:
> Compiling modular Xorg with either VESA or Intel causes the computer
> to crash, after which I have to do a hard reset.

Does *compiling* Xorg cause a crash, or does *running* the compiled
modular Xorg cause a crash?  What hardware?  Can you describe "crash" in
more detail?  Is there still disk activity, can you log into the machine
remotely ... (i.e. is this a kernel panic, a display problem ...)?  Have
you tried the native Xorg as opposed to the one in pkgsrc?

-- IDL