Re: Delete key no longer works after update to 6.0_BETA2

On 30 May 2012 at 15:17, David Lord wrote:

> On 30 May 2012 at 14:44, hans dinsen-hansen wrote:
>
> > IHi David & list.
> >
> > On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM, David Lord
> > <netbsd%lordynet.org@localhost> wrote:
> > > I've just updated a 2667MHz Intel 686 pc from 5.1_STABLE to
> > > 6.0_BETA2 but have a problem that delete key no longer works.
> > >
> > > # stty -a
> > >        cchars: ... erase = ^?;
> > >
> > > # wscons.conf
> > >        encoding uk
> > >
> > > How do I fix this probl
> >
> > At login make the following command:
> >    tset -e '<keystroke>'
> > where <keystroke> is your "delete key"
> >

> Unfortunately that didn't have any positive effect
>
> Now back to NetBSD 5

Before reverting back to NetBSD-5 I tried vi from
Gnome desktop terminal and in that case the "del"
worked as expected by deletion of the character
under the cursor.

I've not had to get involved with keyboard mappings
all the time I've been using NetBSD and usually
selection of 'uk' during install is all that's been
required. This p4-2666 has had NetBSD installed as
from 2006 so I don't understand the changed
behaviour with NetBSD-6.

David