Re: How to install the i386 boot when upgrading from 5.1 to 6.0?

2012/5/23 Ji YongGang <jungleji%gmail.com@localhost>

> Hi all,
>
> Recently I want to upgrade my thinkpad x60 from netbsd/i386 5.1 to 6.0
> branch, so I cvs update the /usr/src
>
> $ cvs up -dP -r netbsd-6
>
> and following the instruction:
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-updating.html#updating-summary
>
> After I build and replace the GENERIC kernel with new one, the
> reboot step cannot succeeded.
>
> The screen only display the first line message and reboot immediately.

After download a NetBSD-6.0_BETA2 kernel(GENERIC or MONOLITHIC) from:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-6.0_BETA2/i386/binary/kernel/

I can boot with this download kernel and upgrade to netbsd-6 userland.
Under the new userland, I rebuild the GENERIC kernel and this new kernel is
bootable, too.

--
Jungle