Re: Small USB WiFi adapter supported by NetBSD

> Does anyone have information about a small USB Wifi adapter that is
> supported by NetBSD 6.0_BETA (or later)? I have a very small (1" exposed)
> Realtek adapter (RTL8191S) that's recognized by Ubuntu, but it isn't (yet)
> supported by NetBSD.

> Thanks,

> Jason M.

I'm trying to solve what looks like the same problem: same chip (RTL8191S),
brand Hiro H50191.

I have source trees for netbsd-5, netbsd-6 and netbsd-HEAD, pkgsrc too, in four
directories on a FreeBSD partition, waiting to be built and installed.

I've looked through the documentation and kernel configs.  ndis looks to be
limited to PCI, looks not good for USB.

Beginning with netbsd-6, there is urndis, which is worth a try.

Then in netbsd-HEAD, there is a driver urtwn; you could check the man page
online or in source tree.  I'd like to try this, but can't sing its virtues
until I successfully try it.

Before all this, I have to get NetBSD built, installed and then boot on
hardware that likes FreeBSD much better than NetBSD.

But I figure I can share the results of my research so far.

Tom