Re: GPT and raid seems ok, missing disks awkward

  If you intend to boot from this (ffs @ gpt @ raidframe @ gpt @ disk),
  you'll probably need this ugly duckling:

     -       bios_sector += RF_PROTECTED_SECTORS;
     +       bios_sector += RF_PROTECTED_SECTORS+34;

Interesting point.  What I have done is

  gpt on disk, with raidframe partition at 64
  in raid, regular disklabel
    raid0a starting at 0

I think for 2T (vs 2.5T or bigger) I don't really need gpt, but I like
having a clear label on the disk show up in dmesg when it attaches.

So I think boot will only need to skip the 64 RF sectors after first
finding the raid partition from parsing the gpt label.  Does that sound
right?